Another weekend has passed by in a flash along with the month of February. It does not seem possible that we are now in to our third month of the year already!
We went for our weekend swim and I done 24 lengths today and we trawled round B&Q and Homebase as we are redecorating the kitchen and wanted to get some colour charts. We came away with a selection of tester paints which I shall dabble with tomorrow.
We are still plodding along with the Digging up memories gardening journal mum from Mumssimplylivingblog and Joanne from awholeplotoflove have been joining in with answering the questions for which I am truly grateful for.
If you are just joining us please read previous blog posts which will soon get you up to speed and you can join in to if you so wish.
36) What top tips would you give me for having a water feature in the garden?
37) What success have you had with indoor plants?
38) Not everyone has a large garden so what tips would you give for growing vegetables and flowers in containers or baskets?
39) Plants that heal...which plants do you think have healing properties?
40) How have you dealt with weeds? which have you removed and which have you encouraged?
36) Years ago we had a pond as soon as we had the children we filled in the pond as did my dad and I haven't had a water feature since. I must admit I do love seeing and hearing the sound of a water feature it is quite relaxing.
37) I am hopeless with indoor plants so I have dried flowers and also fresh flowers in the house instead.
38) Grow potatoes in a grow bag and Strawberries in a hanging basket and cut and come again salad leaves in a window box. One planter with 4 Runner bean plants will give you lots of beans and you can also do the same with peas. Just make sure they are watered regularly as they are unable to draw moisture from the ground like plants that are directly grown in the ground and also a liquid feed is essential to give good growth and crop.
39) I have never looked into growing plants for their healing properties, I grow plants to eat or because they look and smell nice.
40) Weeds are every gardener's thorn in the side, we have this horrid weed that I can't recall the name of at this minute (might be because of the Mojito's I have consumed earlier) But is clings to everything and nothing kills it. I do grow some nettles in a pot and make nettle tea to feed my plants.
We have 2 more days left of the digging for memories gardening journal and by that time I will hopefully have some gardening to discuss with you. Has anyone got any flowers springing up yet?
Until next time x