Friday 19 April 2013

Niggly ill's

I cannot believe another week has passed and we are almost at the end of another month! The weather has been improving but it has been rather windy and a piece of wood had fallen on to a couple of my broad bean plants! Thankfully it had not broken them but just flattened them a little bit.

I have not been feeling too good this week so I have not managed to get any more gardening done so seeds are still waiting to be sown. The leeks that I sowed a few weeks back have refused to show their spindly little faces so I am hoping the ones that I sowed direct in the ground will do the business and grow.

At long last the chicken run is beginning to dry out, and the girls are not up the their fluffy bottoms in mud. They are having a good dig and scratch about. I am debating about moving them up the garden, which will give them a bigger area and I will be able to have a bigger hen house and maybe a new hen or two! Something to ponder on.

We had our first taste of home grown goods on Tuesday. Mum and dad came over for lunch and I made mayonnaise tuna egg and salad with some of the lettuce that I had sown weeks ago and has been growing on the windowsill. The herbs are coming along nicely too.





Well that is it from me for now, not a lot to digest but just a little snippet until next time x

Sorry back again a big hello and welcome to my new follower and viewers, I hope you enjoy your time here x

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum, thanks I am feeling better today, still got a stuffy head but my tooth is not throbbing as much the antibiotics seemed to have kicked in. I can eat something other than soup!

      Delete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...