Friday 14 December 2012

Another hectic weekend is looming

Here we go again, another weekend of craft fairs and then it will be all hands on deck to get Christmas in the Jennings household under way. When I say all hands on deck that means mine apart from Jay extracting the boxed up Christmas tree from out of the loft along with all the decorations.

Today I have been thinking food for Christmas, this year I want to make lots of goodies for us. The usual sausage rolls, cakes, biscuits, savoury cheese things, however I want to try some new things this year, we are not entertaining much or going anywhere so I will be doing what we call a running buffet most days over the Christmas period and of course the leftover days.

So at some point over the next few days I will be trawling the web for some recipes, if I find some real tasty looking ones I will share them with you. If you have any great recipes do drop me a line so we can share them.

Yesterday I made the peppermint creams for the Christmas hampers. It had been a while since I last made these. I used the simple cheats way of using fondant icing and adding peppermint essence and then I decorated them with plain melted chocolate.

Well that will be it from for now. I hope you all have a great weekend, until next time x

P.S. I have posted a webpage for frugal gift ideas, to have a peek click on the following link:
Frugal Gift Ideas

1 comment:

  1. Jo, I'm so sorry I deleted your kind comment by accident. The creams do taste great the boys ate the odd ones.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...