Monday 17 September 2012

It's going to be a very merry Christmas hic!


As you can see from the above photo I have been quite busy in the kitchen. All this has been made with free foraged fruit. I have plum jam, elderberry Christmas spice chutney, blackberry schnapps, elderberry vodka and at the back is five bottles of elderberry syrup, which can be added the wine, champaign or any alcohol that you like to give it flavour.

I still have some blackberries and elderberries that I have frozen to make some more liqueur. Elderberry port is supposed to be nice so might give that a try. Just waiting for the sloes to make the gin now. It is quite surprising how much I managed to make with a small amount of fruit.

The butter nut squash are growing quite well there are quite a few on the plant and they are about 3 inches long! I'm so excited as I have not managed to grow these before and so far this year is looking very promising.

Nothing to do as such in the garden today, so as Jay is off we are tackling the bathroom! Have a great day everyone, until next time x

I will post the recipes later on in the week for the liqueur's and chutney 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...