Sunday 17 June 2012

Garden Plan gone to pot!

The beans are in! Yes I finally got round to planting out the dwarf French beans today, these are usually one of my best crops and hopefully they will be again this year. I also planted out the runner beans. I wasn't sure whether to do them in two rows or wigwams. Once again I have not stuck to my original plan that I drew up at the end of the last growing season! Will I ever learn? The answer to that is most probably no...



My vegetable plot is quite narrow and I was trying to figure out how to use the space as best as I could to fit everything in. I opted for the wigwams in the end as made sure that I would be able to get round them to pick. Now that I have planted them and the french dwarf beans out as well as planting some dwarf beans behind the peas, I have used up all the available space in one half of the vegetable plot and only have some space left to plant out the remaining cabbages, broccoli and sprouts if they finally manage to germinate!

I had enough space in the large raised bed to sow a row of swede, which is a root vegetable and one of my favorites. These were not a great success last year as they grew tops but no roots, however I did sow them a bit late last year and this time I have sown them a little earlier, but perhaps should of been done even earlier than this. But I just thought I would sow some anyway as I had the space perhaps I might strike it lucky this year!

I planted out the final chili plant today as I found a spare pot. I have made a small herb garden in a planter that is supposed to be a water feature but has been sitting there unloved and unused for a while. I sowed some oriental salad leaves around the outside of it as it is not very deep but will be fine for these as they do not grow very big and are a cut and come again leaf. The herbs I planted are parsley, coriander and thyme.

They will soon grow and fill it up

Only one egg again today! I really am not sure what to make of it all, they have plenty of food and water, they all seem perfectly healthy. Hopefully it will be back to normal soon. They have been out again and ravaging the garden whilst I cleaned out the coop. The fruit border and the small raised bed were the poor targets yet again. This is because most of the garden is hard landscape because it was easier with the dogs so there is not much soil apart from these two areas, their run and my vegetable plot which they most certainly are not going to get on!

Well that is it from me for another day, I hope you have all had a great weekend especially all the fathers and dads. Until next time x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...