Thursday 14 February 2013

Cheeseburger Pie!

As promised here is the cheeseburger pie recipe, I do have to apologise though as I forgot to take a photo before the pie was gobbled up by my greedy lot!

This is a Pampered Chef recipe, not sure if the ingredients I have stated is the original recipe as I make it from memory, but this is how I have been making it.

Short crust pastry
8oz plain flour
4oz fat
pinch of salt
water to bind

  • Add salt to flour, 
  • rub fat into flour to form breadcrumbs.
  • Add enough water to form a dough
  • Cut in two and roll out each piece the size of a dinner plate.
  • You can use shop bought or your own recipe

For the filling

500g lean minced beef (no horse here!)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 gherkins chopped
1 dessert spoon tomato ketchup
1 dessert spoon American or English mustard
6 cheese slices


  • Brown the minced beef in a pan, drain off any fat or fluid, put in a mixing bowl
  • add the onion, gherkins, sauce and mustard 
  • mix it altogether 
  • place one of the pastry found on a baking stone or tray
  • spread the filling out on one of the pastry rounds, leaving a 1 inch gap around the perimeter 
  • lay the cheese slices on top of the filling 
  • baste the edges with either egg or milk 
  • Put three slits in the other piece of pastry and they pop it on top of the other piece, firming the edges
  • baste the pie and bake in the oven gas 6, 400*f/204*c for 35 - 40 minutes or until pastry golden
We have this with either mashed potato and baked beans or chips! 

Right must dash as lots to do. I will be posting the birthday celebration competition tomorrow. Thank you all for the kind wishes. Until next time x

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe - It will go in my recipe list. Minus the gherkins for us though!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, yes gherkins are a bit like marmite it's a love or hate thing. I love them but no one else does as much as me so I have to control the temptation to add to many when making this.

      Delete
  2. That sounds lovely, and I love gherkins.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...