Wednesday 18 April 2012

Wellies at the ready!

It has been yet another rather wet day here and only now is the sun showing through the thick cloud. I had a wander round the garden and had a look in the greenhouses earlier. The potatoes have broken through the soil in the bags again but I can't fill them as the soil is already at the top, I just hope we don't get any more frost, but who am I kidding! The peas are really coming on now most of the peas are through which is good news.

I braved the wet and wind and cleaned the girls out about an hour ago and typical now it has stopped raining! We had three eggs today, the girls are now having a good preen as they have been huddled under the coop most of the day to stay in the dry.

I wrapped up and I went for a walk with the dogs, luckily the rain had stopped just as we got there and didn't start again until we got back to the car. It was really windy and it is quite eerie with all the trees towering above you creaking and groaning in the wind. I took a few photos.....

 Clyde having a rest on the right, Max is still wanting to play Frisbee, and I think they are blue bells, a branch that has fallen with the wind, I always fear that when I am out walking the dogs when it is windy that I am going to get hit by a large falling branch or tree! It is usually the acorns I get hit on the head with. And finally some Lichen growing on one of the trees. It is amazing how intricate and pretty fungus can look.

I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day as I really need to get these peas in the ground and plant out some of the onions that I have sown from seed. I have decided what I am going to do with the central flowerbed, and hopefully I'll get round to doing it tomorrow.

And finally..... I am out for dinner tonight so I shall bid you all a good evening/day x








1 comment:

  1. Rain for us again today, in fact it hasn't yet stopped since yesterday, it woke me up pelting against the window in the night. Your dogs are gorgeous, I do love labradors. We had a black one when I was a child and would have loved one again but our house just isn't really big enough. We've got a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Archie.

    ReplyDelete

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...