Sunday 15 April 2012

Hairy hedgehogs!

Been a rather chilly day, we had hail this morning and it has been raining on and off all day. The forecast for the coming week does not show much improvement. I have not done anything in the garden today. I have been down to the greenhouses and summerhouse to have a peek and see how things are doing and sprayed the seedlings. I have found a snail in the greenhouse and the girls enjoyed that tasty morsel!

The girls had a feast this morning Dory was so excited that she laid an egg there and then on the ground! They always lay them in the nesting boxes. Matilda spent a lot of time clucking and twittering in the coop. She is not very impressed when I remove the eggs whilst she pops out to feed and drink and goes straight back in twittering again.

Remember I was on about using hair in the garden, well this article popped up on my face book wall, Using hair and hedgehogs. It is suggesting that by using hair as a mulch around your plants it protects them from attacks  of the slugs and by encouraging hedgehogs into your garden also helps. To read more about it visit:
Using hair and hedgehogs

The plans for this week are to sort out the flowerbeds in the front garden, hopefully we will get a dry period so I can get it done. There is some new information on the additional pages of the blog. I am slowly adding to them.

And finally.....I hope you have all had a great weekend and that some of you managed to get out and enjoy your gardens x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...