Friday 3 February 2012

Another Growing season is upon us

29/01/2012
Well it's that time of year again where we are planning out our plots and shuffleing seeds raring togo. Last year I went all out and grew lots of different vegetables to previous years, I had success with some and faliures with others and can't wait to try it all again. Last November I planted out garlic, onions, peas, broad beans and spring cabbages. I have never planted out crops for crops to overwinter, but so far so good all are doing well, even though at the moment the ground is frozen solid!

Last year we had the warm spring, the wet summer followed by a rather mild winter, we are now only getting this cold spell, so what will this year hold in stores I wonder. Every growing season is dicatated by the weather, lets hope it is kinder this year to the humble gardener.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...