Saturday 18 February 2012

The rain stopped play

No gardening today as the skies opened up and there's not much I can do in the potting shed at the moment.
So I have spent the afternoon baking. We are round friends for dinner tonight so I have made a double chocolate cheesecake, which is really simple to make. I made my first ever cheesecake last year and have been experimenting with different flavors and this one is the favorite. So I hope our friends like it!

It's a friends birthday tomorrow, and I have been promising him some home made cakes so I have done a lemon drizzle cake. I have just done the basic sponge mix and added some lemon zest and lemon curd to the mixture, it smells lovely, fingers crossed it will taste good too. I made a simple lemon glaze icing to drizzle over the cake.

And finally I have made a double chocolate sponge for us, it's my son's favorite and never lasts for long.
Fancy baking a cake? Why not try the coffee and walnut recipe which can be found on the attached link.


http://www.squidoo.com/sharing-the-good-life-how-to-bake-the-perfect-coffee-and-walnut-cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for visiting. I'd love to hear your comments and thoughts on anything contained within my blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...